Grilled Ribeye For Two
Plated properly, this one board wonder will impress and delight. The goal of this dish is to wow with huge flavors while not leaving you feeling heavy on date night. The bright pops from the blistered tomatoes and the limey guasacaca help balance the umami of the black garlic and grilled meat.
- Preheat the BBQ. Take the Ribeye out and allow it to come up to room temperature
- Take the black garlic and peel 5-6 cloves. Mash it into a paste.
- Whip the Grass Fed Butter with the black garlic mash and a squeeze of lime. Fold in chopped chives. Roll the butter into a log using wax or parchment paper and allow to chill in the fridge.
- Toss the whole tomatoes and a red onion (large chunky dice) into a mixing bowl, add 1 clove minced garlic, canola oil, salt and pepper. On a sheet pan lined with parchment, place these in a hot oven (450F) for 10min, then finish on broil for 2min or until noticeably blistered.
- Grill your ribeye until desired temperature (I prefer medium 135-140F-ish) and allow to rest for 4-6min.
- Find a nice serving platter if you have one. Slice the butter into rounds. Slice the ribeye into strips and fan out, place butter on top of steaks to melt, sprinkle with pink salt. Arrange the blistered tomatoes all over, add dollops of guasacaca. And finally add slices of fresh sourdough to mop up the juices and guasacaca.