Lamb Meatballs w/ Spiced & Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce
A great little appetizer that can sit out on the counter and be picked at, these little mediterranean meatballs are unique and bright with fresh herbs.
- In a bowl, combine ground lamb with 2 whole eggs, 1 tbsp chopped dill, 1 tablespoon chopped mint, a squeeze of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley, 1 small diced yellow onion, 2 cloves minced garlic.
- Remove the crust from the ciabatta loaf and tear into small pieces. Cover with half the cream and squish together making a paste. This is called a panade and will help keep your meatballs moist
- Add the panade to the meat mixture and mix all the ingredients together for several minutes and until well combined
- Season with salt and pepper
- Make small meatballs and bake in a preheated oven at 425 for 15-20min, or until golden brown and cooked through (150F-160F)
Yogurt Dipping Sauce
In a mixing bowl, add the Skyr yogurt, juice of half a lemon, 1 tablespoon chopped chives, 1 tablespoon chopped dill, 1 tablespoons of chopped mint,1 tablespoon honey, 1 clove of minced garlic and 1 tsp of Citrus Herb rub.
Mix all ingredients together and adjust seasoning. Allow to sit in the fridge for an hour for the flavors to combine.